Full Service Law Firm
While Bross Law, LLC focuses primarily on Business Law, Data Protection & Privacy, Commercial Litigation & Disputes, White Collar Defense, and Employment Litigation and Counseling, you may want legal services that do not fit into these categories. Bross Law, LLC is a full service law firm that provides world-class legal services in the following areas:
- Property Ownership Disputes: Represent buyers or sellers in court cases involving title disputes, purchase and sale disputes, specific performance claims, adverse possession claims, and any other dispute over property ownership.
- Neighbor Disputes: Handle cases involving boundary disputes, trespassing, nuisance claims, interference with easement, and any other disputes between neighbors.
- Real Estate Brokers and Agents: Represent brokers, agents or customers in cases involving real estate brokers, agents, and their ethical, fiduciary and other common law duties to disclose.
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes: Represent landlords or tenants in eviction proceedings, disputes involving lease interpretation, and any other landlord/tenant disputes.
- Durable Power of Attorney: Draft general Durable Power of Attorney for client. Grants legal authority to an individual to help client with financial affairs when needed due to advanced age or illness.
- Healthcare Proxy: Draft Healthcare Proxy for client. Appoints an individual to make medical decisions for the client when the client is unable to make or communicate healthcare decisions.
- Advance Directive (“Living Will”): Draft Living Will for client. Specifies client’s wishes for health care measures in end-of-life situations.
- HIPAA Authorizations & Release: Draft HIPAA Authorization and Release for client. Identifies and lists all the people that health care providers can talk to about client’s health.
- Wills & Trusts: Draft wills and/or trusts for client. Helps clients organize ownership of their assets so that assets can be protected in life and death.
Has a business treated you unfairly? Have you been deceived and purchased a product or service that does not work as promised? Bross Law, LLC is here to help. The firm provides consumer protection and will fight to recover your money and stop the business from engaging in further unlawful conduct.
Consumers often feel they have no power to hold companies accountable or that the amount of money lost is not worth their time or effort. Consumers have more power than they realize. There are many federal and state consumer protection statutes available to protect them and stop businesses:
Consumer Protection Statutes
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA): Gives parents control over what information is collected on-line about their children.
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA): Allows consumers to obtain free annual credit reports from national credit reporting agencies. Requires credit card receipts to only show the last four-digits of your credit card.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA): Regulates collection and use of consumer credit reports.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA): Protects consumers from abusive debt collection practices. Practices include calling at inappropriate times, using obscene language, contacting friends and family, and others.
- Federal Trade Commission Act: Protects consumers and businesses against unfair or deceptive trade practices.
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA): Stops health insurance companies from requiring consumers to take genetic tests. Prohibits employers from using genetic information to make employment decisions.
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA): Requires financial institutions to store financial information securely. Financial institutions must also provide consumers with an annual privacy notice and the choice to opt out of sharing some personal information.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA): Requires healthcare organizations and related businesses to maintain the privacy and security of consumers’ health information.
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH): Requires healthcare organizations to provide notice to consumers affected by unauthorized disclosure of their personal health information.
- Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act, M.G.L. Chapter 93A (93A): Protects Massachusetts consumers and businesses against unfair or deceptive trade practices. Unlawful practices includes false/misleading advertising, privacy violations, misrepresentation, and many others.
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA): Provides consumers with improved disclosure of settlement costs in real estate transactions and prohibits kickbacks and referral fees.
- Telemarketing Sales Rules (TSR): Establishes the National Do Not Call Registry and prohibits businesses from contacting consumers on the registry. Also prohibits using pre-recorded sales calls without your consent.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act: Prohibits using automatic telephone systems to place robocalls, text messages or faxes to a residential phone line or wireless number without the express written consent of the consumer.
- Truth In Lending Act (TILA): Requires lenders to be honest with consumers and make full and complete disclosures about the costs of receiving credit.
- False/Deceptive Advertising
- Mobile Cramming
- Work at Home Scams
- Business Failure to Protect Privacy
- Deceptive Weight Loss Advertising
- Investment Scams
- Unwanted Robocalls or Text Messages
- Unfair Debt Collection Practices
- Breach of Warranty
If you have been victimized by an unfair or deceptive trade practice, please contact us immediately by phone or the contact form below. We will investigate your claim and advise you about your rights. Typically, these cases are litigated on a contingency fee basis, so you will not pay attorneys’ fees or court costs unless there is a recovery. All inquiries are completely confidential and will be promptly returned.
Please contact Bross Law, LLC by phone or the contact form to set up your free initial consultation and discuss your legal issue. If it’s an area not handled by the firm, we’ll help you find someone who does. All inquiries are completely confidential and will be answered promptly.
© 2014 Bross Law, LLC. All rights reserved. Attorney Advertising: Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.